Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Slow Cookers in India 2020
- 1) Geek Robocook Automatic 11 in 1
- 2) Sisliya Digital Steamer 2000w 3 Levels
- 3) Haden 3.5 liters Slow Cooker
- 4) Instant Pot Duo 7 in 1
- 5) Haden Stainless Steel Slow Cooker (4.5 L)
- 6) Crock-Pot Express 12 in 1 Slow cooker
- 7) Bergner Stainless Steel Elite Slow Cooker (1.5 L)
- 8) Mealthy MultiPot 9 in 1 Slow Cooker (6 liters)
- 9) Bergner Elite Slow cooker 320 W (6 L)
- 10) Hi-Tech Electric Multi Mini Slow Cooker
- Buying Guide for the Best Slow Cooker
A slow cooker is an electric appliance for cooking, which is designed for simmering at low temperatures, unlike boiling, baking, or frying. The pots are made out of porcelain or glazed ceramic. A slow cooker is generically referred to as a crock-pot. You can cook in a slow cooker unattended, which makes it a perfect choice for busy days. Some common dishes that are widely prepared in a slow cooker are soups, pot roast, stews, dips, and desserts. Slow cookers also facilitate cooking for dishes made of bread or cocoa. What makes a slow cooker different from a pressure cooker is the pressure release, which can take place abruptly. Given below is a list of top 10 best slow cookers in India:
Top 10 Best Slow Cookers in India 2020
The Geek Robocook Automatic 5 liter electric pressure cooker with 11 preset menus. Its all in one functionality allows you to bake, steam, saute, braise, and fry in one appliance. Its circumvent cooking makes sure to retain the nutrients of the food. It has a digital timer and calls for the least manual intervention. This slow cooker by Geek Robocook has seven layers of safety. The guard layers consist of exhaust, pressure temperature, fitment, etc. The preset menus let you cook a perfect Indian breakfast like Pongal, biriyani, pulao, meat, idly, and sambhar.
- Wide range of preset menus
- Two years of warranty
- Digital cooking with timer
- All-in-one cooker
- User may have difficulties with instructions
The Sisliya Digital Steamer is a stainless steel slow cooker with a capacity of 9 liters. It has a stackable design consisting of two-tiers, which lets you cook conveniently with just one dial turn. The start time for this crock-pot is 60 seconds. It can cook chicken, tofu, fish, vegetables, corn, potatoes, etc. The base is designed to be durable and modern. The window provided in the base lets you keep an eye on the level of water. It has the ability to turn itself off in case the water runs out or after the timer goes off. The trays can be disassembled, making cleaning and storage easier.
- Water level indicator
- Dishwasher safe
- Instant steam
- Retains nutrients
- Costly as compared
The Haden 3.5L is a Sabichi slow cooker, a perfect choice for your kitchen. The dimensions are 21Lx26.5Wx34.5H cm. This ceramic pot has a light indicator and a glass lid, which lets you view your meal easily. The Sabichi slow cooker has three levels of settings – warm, high and low, and a locking system with a mounted lid. It has a stainless steel body, and you can prepare sauces, stews, and more. It consumes 220-240V (200 W) of power. The knobs and handles are designed to stay cool throughout.
- Multi-function cooker
- Dishwasher safe
- Handles with cool touch
- Comes with a separate cooking pot
- No digital display
The Instant Pot Duo is a 7 in 1 appliance slow cooker. It does the work of seven cooking utensils- saute pan, slow cooker, food warmer, rice cooker, yogurt maker, pressure cooker, and steamer. It has 13 in-built cooking programs with an easy touch- meat/stew, yogurt, chicken, saute, rice, slow cook, oatmeal, steam/idli, manual, dal/bean, multigrain, soup, pressure cooker. It is made of stainless steel. The LCD screen helps you keep up with the status of the food being cooked. It uses 1000 W and operates on 220-240V. One wouldn’t have to worry about reheating the food as it comes with a keep-warm feature.
- Has a pot app with lots of recipes
- Has an LCD screen
- Seven appliances in 1
- Comes with more than ten safety mechanism
- Consumes a bit higher energy
This Haden stainless steel slow cooker with 4.5 liters of capacity is a ceramic pot with dimensions 23x27x36 cm. It comes with a power light indicator and easy view glass lid. It has stainless steel brushed finish and three settings- low, medium, and high. It consumes 280 watts of power. It is ideal for dishes like casseroles, curries, meat, chilies. The dial helps you keep track of time.
- 3 level of settings
- Stainless steel finish
- Low power consumption
- Handles with cool touch
- No digital display
This Crock-Pot Express Electric Pressure Cooker is a stainless steel programmable multi-cooker of 5.6 liters capacity. It can prepare meals for a duration of 30 minutes. It lets you cook in 4 ways- pressure cooker, steam, slow cooker, and saute. It has eight programs a touch away. It has auto and manual function along with delay timer. The keep-warm feature removes the extra task of reheating meals. It comes with non-stick bowls and an airtight lid, which remains sealed under pressure. It also comes with a cookbook containing multiple slow cooker recipes.
- Four ways of cooking
- Manual and auto cooking
- Non-stick and removable bowl
- A bit costlier than others
This stainless steel elite slow cooker by Bergner is the only slow cooker that can be used in an oven and a gas stove. It offers three levels of settings- low, warm, and high. It comes with a ceramic pot which is removable. The food is cooked evenly, and the optimal temperature is sustained well. It is a chemical-free crock-pot.
- Dishwasher safe pot and lid
- Stay cool Knobs and handles
- Keep-warm feature
- Removable ceramic pot
- Can be lowly efficient
This electric slow cooker by Mealthy comes with a stainless steel pot with 14 smart cook programs available with one easy touch- slow cook, pressure cooker, steam, saute, egg, yogurt, cake, porridge, rice, multigrain, poultry, soup, beans, meat. You can also avail of the videos through its mobile application. This slow cooker comes with silicone mitts, extra gasket, raised steam trivet, rice paddle, ladle, and a measuring cup.
- Control panel with an easy touch
- Extra silicone gasket to make sweet dishes
- Wide steam vent
- Base vents can collect dust or pests
This elite slow cooker by Bergner has a 6 liters capacity. It has three cook settings- high, medium, and low. This cooker uses a voltage of 220-240V and 320 Watts of power. The oval ceramic pot is removable, and the lid allows convenient cleaning or serving. It weighs approximately 5 kgs and 820 grams. This Bergner slow cooker is useful for families of medium size.
- The ceramic pot is removable
- Handles and knobs have a stay-cool feature
- The lid and ceramic pot are dishwasher safe.
- Build quality can be disappointing
This stainless steel cooker is made portable and user-friendly. It comes with a delay timer and a preset timer. It also has four in-built functions. This cooker consumes 180 Watts of power and operates on 220V of voltage (50 Hz). This cooker includes a measuring cup, measuring spoon, multi rice cooker, soup/rice, and, most importantly, an instruction manual. It is ideal for a family of two.
- Portable and user-friendly
- Non-stick coating
- Less capacity
Buying Guide for the Best Slow Cooker
Here are a few key factors to consider before buying a slow cooker-
- Size– Slow cookers are available in different capacities. Consider your family size and buy one accordingly.
- Cleaning– Slow cookers with removable ceramic pots and dishwasher safe accessories are easier to clean.
- Settings– Consider buying a slow cooker with in-built cooking programs and different timer settings. These features will let you cook your food with ease. Programmable slow cookers come with auto and manual settings or both in the same cooker.
- Coating– Buy a slow cooker with a non-stick coating so that the food does not stick to the utensil, and it can be cleaned easily.
- Material– Look for a slow cooker that has a pot made of ceramic. Ceramic pots last longer than the basic materials.
- Portability– Lightweight slow cookers make it easier for the user to carry it from one place to the other.
Slow cookers, if bought with a lot of consideration, can prove useful in many ways. The guide provided will help you pick the right one for the foodie inside you! Once you get everything right, make sure to cook all the delicious meals that come to your mind.