Table of Contents
Our Top Picks
Almost of every household in India will have a gas stove that is connected to a LPG cylinder. As most of you connecting a gas stove to the LPG cylinder are not something simple, connecting the gas stove an LPG cylinder requires the utmost attention. The utmost attention here refers to the high-quality regulator or the best regulator available on the market today.
Getting yourselves the best LPG gas regulator is one of the most important things that a customer needs to do after he/she gets an LPG gas stove. If you end up purchasing an LPG gas regulator that is of poor quality, then you will be putting yourselves at risk. Remember that a gas leak from a bad regulator can lead to deadly accidents.
This is why you need to get the best LPG gas regulator and here is the list of five best LPG gas regulators available on the market today.
1. Generic ISI Certified LPG Regulator
There is a common assumption these days that not all the products from a generic brand come with quality and quality certifications. Yes, most of the time this is true, however, when it comes to this product, customers review contradicts the fact.
The Generic ISI certified LPG regulator as the name itself suggests is one of the best LPG gas regulators available on the Indian market that does not lack quality nor any of the most required features. This regulator comes specially designed for LPG cylinders and geysers. One of the notable things about this LPG gas regulator is that it is designed in such a way that the regulator is easy to clean and it does not take an expert to clean it.
Why we like
- Best recommended for LPG cylinders and use with geysers
- Designed for frequent use
- Designed for easy cleaning
- ISI certified product
Why we did not like
- This regulator comes from a Generic brand
2. XPRESS LPG Gas Regulator Adapter
Are you looking for the best LPG gas regulator available on the Indian market today? If you are, then the Metro safe LPG gas regulator adapter is the best you can find today.
This LPG gas regulator comes ISI marked and therefore, it offers the maximum safety. The manufacturer claims that this LPG gas regulator is best suitable with Govt gas cylinders. Unlike most of the LPG gas regulators available on the market today, the manufacturer offers the regulator with burner cleaning powder that will help the user clean the burner with ease and with the highest efficiency. This LPG gas regulator comes with efficient on/off switch that allows the user to turn on and switch off the gas flow with ease.
Why we like
- ISI marked product
- Comes in a wide range of colors
- Comes with burner cleaner powder
- Best suitable with Govt home gas cylinders
Why we do not like
- The on/off knob on the regulator is made of plastic, which could break easily if handled without care.
See this also: 9 Best Gas Stoves In India 2020
3. Black liger LPG Gas Regulator
Are you a Bharat/Indane/HP gas user? Then you should know that not all LPG gas regulators suit these LPG gas cylinders.
This is where Handu Aluminum LPG gas regular comes into role. This LPG gas regulator is designed to suit and work with gas cylinders from Bharat, Indane, and HP gas. The Handu LPG gas regulator is made of high-quality aluminum that lasts long without deforming or rusting. The product is ISI certified and certified to be the best. One of the most important features that come incorporated into this product is that lock that comes incorporated into this product, a locking system that keeps the regulator locked on to the cylinder valve. This locking system ensures the gas does not leak under any circumstances.
Things we like
- ISI certified regulator
- Regulator made of high-quality aluminum
- Suitable with gas cylinders from HP gas, Indane, and Bharat
- Locking system for safety
- High quality on/off knob
Things we do not like
- Some people find the locking system hard to handle
4. Kitchen Palace Aluminium Gas Adapter Regulator
Are you looking for an LPG gas regulator that is simple to use? If yes, this LPG gas regulator from the brand Kitchen Palace will satisfy your requirement with ease.
This LPG gas regulator comes in a simple design that is easy to install and use, however, the locking system incorporated into this regulator is not that strong, but it is easy to use and it can keep your gas stove and cylinder connected for a long time without any leak. This entire LPG gas regular is made of aluminum and is certified to keep your home safe.
Things we like
- Made of aluminium
- Easy to use
- Regular size product
- Could be used to lock on to any type of cylinder
- Certified of quality
Things we do not like
- Even though, the manufacturer claims that this regulator is suitable with all cylinders, it is not, this regulator does not fit all cylinders
5. LPG Gas Regulator Suitable for Govt Home Gas Cylinders
This LPG gas regulator comes from a Generic brand and is designed to offer a highly efficient gas supply. This gas regulator comes with ISI certification and is guaranteed to last for a long time without fail. This regulator is designed to fit and used on Govt Home gas cylinders. The entire regulator is made of high quality cast aluminum and the knobs are made of plastic. One of the notable things about this product is that it is designed to be easy to clean.
Things we like
- ISI certified
- Suitable for Govt gas cylinder
- Made of aluminum
- Plastic on/off knobs
- Manufacturer offers regulator and Dosa oil tool
Things we do not like
- The on/off knob could break if handled carelessly
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is an LPG gas regulator?
LPG gas regulators are mainly used for reducing the temperature-dependent gas bottle pressure around 400-1200 kPa down to 2.75 kPa and maintain the same pressure consistently.
2) How frequently should we change the gas regulators?
A piece of good advice would be to change the gas regulators in every ten years. You will be able to notice some visual signs of wearing off the regulator. However, the regulators always come with a date of manufacture stamp on its body. And try not to drop the regulator onto the floor as they have a susceptible inner mechanism that might get disrupted.
3) What are the primary sources for gas leakage?
Gas leakage can happen due to many different reasons. It can occur from the inside valve of the cylinder, the regulator, from the pipe, stove’s flame control dials, and even from the burner nozzles.
4) What are the causes of the blast in gas cylinders?
Leakage is the biggest reason for cylinder blasts. A small amount of leakage will not do that much harm. But if there is still leakage for a long time, with all the windows and doors blocked, any single movement like switching on the electric light can lead to an explosion and a cylinder blast.
5) How to remove the gas regulator from the gas bottle?
Follow a few simple steps
- First, turn off the gas valve handwheel
- Then remove the gas regulator from the gas bottle valve by turning the regulator hand wheel clockwise.
Be very careful while performing these steps. There can be a tiny amount of gas inside the regulator, which will be released in the air as soon as you take off from the cylinder.
6) What is the proper way for installation for gas safety device?
As these tasks should involve very high safety measures for you and your family members, it is always advisable that you should check with the manual guide before doing anything. However, the process is very easy. Most of the gas safety devices can be installed the same as the gas regulators. A large number of safety devices come with a large dial to show the gas level and have a pressure control knob.
7) Which is the best gas safety device?
We would recommend the IGT gas safety device as the best in the market. It is a bit expensive option but for good reasons. It has all the advanced features like the lock system and the dual seal system. Moreover, products from this company come with a five years long replacement warranty.
8) What are the LPG gas cylinder regulator types?
Some of the different types of regulators are –
- Clip-on patio gas propane regulators
- Screw fit propane regulators
- Clip-on butane regulators
- High-pressure regulators
- Camping gas regulators
9) Which is the best gas regulator brand in India?
There are many brands that manufacture LPG gas regulators. To name some of them would be Generic, Xpress, etc.
10) How to understand the low gas indication?
The safety devices come with a gauge pin that detects the pressure of the gas. When the presser becomes low, the needle falls to the red section indicating a low gas level.
Purchasing the best LPG gas regulator is not that easy as the number of models available on the market high. Select any one of the models listed above and you will not regret it.