Your normal utensils cannot be used on an induction cooktop, and that is natural. If you own or are planning to buy an induction cooktop, cookware with an induction bottom is a must. Induction cookware has a different base than normal cookware.
Cookwares compatible with induction stoves have a magnetic base, which enables them to stay on the induction cooktop. Normal utensils have a bulging bottom and do not have a magnetic base. The magnetism in induction cookware means the supply of direct heat from the cooktop to the cookware. Here is a list of the top 10 best induction cookware available.
Top 10 Best Induction Cookware to Buy in 2020
Pigeon by Stovekraft Basics is aluminium cookware. The unit contains one Kadai measuring 24 cm with a glass lid, a frying pan (24 cm), and a Tawa. It is made of Italian technology for longevity and increased strength.
The elegant design goes best with your modular kitchen. The spiral bottom ensures that the heat is spread evenly. This cookware is PFOA free so that you enjoy non-toxic and healthy food.
It is lightweight and has five layers of the non-stick coating—Cook with a minimal amount of oil.
- Five layers of coating
- Spiral bottom
- Colour coating may come off easily
The Sowbaghya Ultima cookware set contains a saucepan, Kadai, stew pot, a serving bowl with a lid. It is made completely with stainless steel, so it is easy to maintain and clean.
The bakelite handles are heat resistant. It is also designed to be resistant to rust and corrosion. It has a sturdy and strong body making it durable. The hygienic layers ensure no odor even after washing. You can use it on a gas stove too.
- Induction and LPG stove compatible
- Easy maintenance
- No post-washing error
- Affordable price tag
- Small size
Nirlep by Bajaj electricals is an induction based non-stick cookware set. This cookware set has five layers and is metal spoon friendly. It is also dishwasher safe. The thickness of the frying pan, Kadai, and Tawa are 2.5 mm.
It spreads heat evenly and quickly. The bakelite handles are heat resistant. It is lightweight and non-toxic besides being PFOA free. The capacity of the Kadai is 2.2 liters and 1.7 liters for the frying pan. You get one year of warranty for manufacturing defects.
- PFOA free
- Metal-spoon friendly
- Dishwasher safe
- The size is smaller than the standard size
The Cello Prima Induction Base cookware set is non-stick aluminum cookware. It contains a lid with tempered glass, a dosa Tawa 280 mm, a frying pan 220 mm, Kadai of 2 liters. The base thickness is 2.5 mm.
High gauge aluminum is used to ensure high efficiency while cooking. It is compatible with both induction and gas stove. The bakelite handles make cooking easier and are sturdy-built.
- Original Dupont coating
- Bakelite handles
- Induction and Gas stove compatible
- Not enough coating
The Pigeon by Stovekraft is an induction base aluminum pressure cooker that comes with an outer lid and has a capacity of 3 liters. This pressure cooker is compatible with gas stoves and induction cooktops.
It is also designed to be dishwasher safe. It is made from high-quality aluminum and is also ISI certified. The ergonomic handles make this cooker user-friendly and ensure fast and even cooking.
- Dishwasher safe
- Gas stove and Induction stovetop compatible
- ISI certified
- Overall quality can be underwhelming
The Navbharti aluminum cookware set is an induction base cookware that comes in the set of 4. You get 1 Kadai, one frying pan, 1 Tawa, and one saucepan. It has an induction base and is designed to be dishwasher safe.
Cook the healthiest and tasty food with the non-toxic coating. The material composition makes this cookware set extremely durable.
- Dishwasher safe
- Non-toxic coating
- None observed
The BeatStock Collection features five pieces of cookware with induction bottom. It is non-stick cookware with release performance. It is designed to be resistant to scratch and abrasion. It will complement your countertop like none other.
It is made of heavy-duty and durable material. It has a granite finish and is also dishwasher safe. Also, you can use this in the microwave without any worries.
- Microwave safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Granite finish
- None observed
The Sumeet stainless steel containers come in a belly shape and are compatible with the induction and gas stove. It has lid sizes of number 10 and number 12. It comes with the quantities of 1.1 litre, 1.4 litre, and 1.8 litre, and 2.3 litres and 3l.
Its belly shape is a super space saver and also has wide space inside. It calls for easy cleaning and maintenance. Also, it is fuel-efficient.
- Saves fuel
- Gas stove and Induction compatible
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Fuel saver
- Durability not assured
FASNO aluminum cookware is an induction base cookware set that comes in the set of 3. It is made completely of aluminum. It includes one Kadai, 1 Frying pan, one saucepan. It is designed to be dishwasher safe.
The non-toxic coatings make it a safer option. The cookware weighs 420 grams, and the dimensions are 12 cm x 5 cm x 10 cm.
- Aluminum and lightweight body
- Dishwasher safe
- None observed
The Impex IFC 235 aluminum pressure cooker is an induction base cooker combo with an outer lid. The set contains cookers with a capacity of 2 liters, 5 liters, and 3 liters. The cooker and the lid are made from virgin aluminum of high quality.
It is lightweight and long-lasting. The outer lid can be used for direct vessel cooking and even separate cooking. It is designed to match your kitchen aesthetics. The handles are ergonomic and bakelite to ensure comfort and maximum safety. You get five years of company warranty.
- Virgin Aluminum
- Multiple compatibilities
- Shielded valve
- Anti-bulging bottom
- Not scratch resistant
Benefits of an Induction Cooktop
- Induction Cooktops ensure faster cooking of meals
- You get delicious and consistent results with Induction cooktops
- Induction Cooktops are easier to clean
- Induction cooktops take very less space
- These cooktops tend to be less messy
- Induction cooktops look elegant and complement your kitchen well
- Induction cooktops are energy-efficient and eco-friendly
- You get to control the temperature
- Maintains a cool cooking surface
- Provide you with a safer way to cook
Disadvantages of an Induction Cooktop
- Induction cooktops are expensive
- They tend to make noise while cooking
- In case of a power cut, you have to stay hungry!
- You have to buy separate cookware, and it might be expensive
- Food might be overcooked
- Induction cooktops can get scratched
Buying Guide for the Best Induction Cookware
It is imperative to look into certain factors before getting the right induction cookware for your kitchen. Here we have properly curated some of the key factors to consider before buying an induction cookware.
- Compatibility of the Cookware: Investing in all-compatible cookware is recommended. What you buy for an induction cooktop can be compatible with gas stoves or halogen. This way, you get the best of the utensils you buy. In fact, in this article, we have listed all the cookware that is solely dedicated to induction usage. So, even getting one from the market, make sure if it is induction compatible or not.
- Non-Stick Coating: Cookware with non-stick coating ensures the minimum use of oil and energy as it gives faster and healthy cooking. Getting something that contains durable non-stick can certainly come handy at times. Although your cookware can withstand the majority of the heat, make sure that the handle can withstand the same as well.
- Glass Lids: if you are someone who is too picky on knowing what exactly is being cooked inside, or how much it has been cooked so far? It is always a better option to look for cookware that comes with a glass lid. Just bear in mind that in a house full of kids, there is still the consideration of breaking it.
- Scratch-Resistant: Make sure your cookware is resistant to scratches so that the look remains intact and the longevity is maintained. Getting cladding cookware instead of a coated one can certainly help you to get the most scratches out of the cookware.
- Lightweight: You would not want your induction cooktop to get affected by the weight of the cookware. Lightweight cookware ensures the comfort and safety of the cooktop and the user. Now, the idea of lightweight cookware is completely subjective and depends upon the uses, how you want to handle the cookware.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Are Induction Cooktops Effective in Saving Energy?
Believe it or not, but using an induction cooktop can actually save a ton of energy for that matter. The first and foremost reason being, none of the heat gets wasted during the process. The heat doesn’t flow outside the burner. In fact, there are induction stoves that can provide you with almost 90% of energy efficiency. On the contrary, gas cooktops only offers 60% efficiency.
2) Is it Really Healthy to Cook Food on Induction Cookware?
This is just one of the most common presumptions that induction cookware along with the oven itself is not suitable for a healthy lifestyle. On the contrary, induction cooktops use electromagnetic waves in order to generate heat. This means that the level of radiation is almost next to none. Along with that, there is no emission of CO2 whatsoever. In fact, with all the advantages of induction, we would suggest using the same.
3) Do We Need Dedicated Induction Cookware?
Yes, we would always suggest you use dedicated induction cookware while cooking over the induction oven. The main reason being, the majority of the cookware can’t withstand that amount of heat. All the products listed in the blog are specially created for induction usage. Still, if you want to make a better purchase, we would always suggest going through our buying guide as well.
The above guide will help you buy the best cookware for your induction. Have a safe cooking experience with these best cookware. Bear in mind that all the products mentioned within the list are some of the best the market has to offer.
Neither less to say, if you are looking forward to getting something out of the list, make sure to take assistance from our buying guide. Once you get everything right, you are always good to go.